First place: $100
Second place: $50
Third place: $25
First- and second-place manuscripts will be published in a future issue.
Entry fee per manuscript: $10
Deadline: August 1st
Topic: fiction about writing and/or getting published
Length: 650-1,00 words
• Entries must be unpublished.
• You may enter multiple times.
• Email each manuscript (in proper format with all contact information and exact word count) as an attachment in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or rich text format (.rtf) to email@example.com. Put “Short Story Contest” in the subject line.
• Before sending your manuscript, submit your your entry fee via credit card by calling 615-331-8668, or via check to Contest, P.O. Box 110390, Nashville, TN 37222. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
• Failure to follow these guidelines will disqualify your entry.